[Mailman-Users] Newbie questions

Sheila Hoffman sheila at hoffmangraphics.com
Thu Oct 7 01:51:40 CEST 2004

I just installed MM via my cpanel and have spent the afternoon exploring
all the options. When I subscribed myself to my new list I got an email
and the subject line said confirm and included all the nubmers needed to
confirm. I'd like to make that subject line a little more user friendly.
It also says in the body that "we have recieved a request from (IP
address) for subscription of your email address..." That also seems
pretty unfriendly. Most end-users aren't going to know if that came from
their own IP or not. SO is there somewhere to edit the content of this
email? I already found all the html editing options but I didn't see
this there.

ALSO: Obviously I subscribed to this list. I chose digest mode. Today I
got my first email from your list. The digest mode arrived with all the
separate emails as attachments instead of listed within the email. I
imagine this is html vs text? But where is that  needing to be set? I
saw a place that asked about that but I thought it was just for being
able to send an html email. If the result of that ability is receiving
digest in this mode I think I'll turn it off. I'd much prefer to be able
to scroll all the messages. Is that an end-user preference or a global
list setting? Or both?

Thanks so much!
Sheila