[Mailman-Users] Approval

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 5 17:38:46 CEST 2004

----- Original Message ---------------

Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Approval
   From: Derrick Seymour <seymourd at chazy.org>
   Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:17:52 -0400
     To: Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>

>Actually they do  have the same reason.  Post by a non-member?  Which is
>really weird, cause the user is a member..
>
>The post still goes through to all my test members.  And if I do post a
>message by a non-member the message won't go through.
>
>Keep the ideas coming, I am greatly appreciative.

>    Derrick Seymour
>    Administrative Services
>    Northeastern Regional Information Center
>    Capital Region BOCES

>On 10/4/04 8:26 PM, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>
>> Derrick Seymour wrote:
>>
>>> Would there be any reason why I am receiving two approval emails for every
>>> post on a list.  Should I receive an approval email for every post?
>>
>> Depends on list settings.
>>
>>> If yes
>>> or no, why am I receiving two?
>>
>> Do they both give the same reason for why the post is held for
>> approval? Do they both have the same Message-Id:?

OK. If I understand correctly you are receiving two approval e-mail
messages from Mailman saying a post is held for approval because it is
from a non-member, but it is from a member and it is not held but
delivered to the list without approval.

Also, you are running Apple OSX Server 10.3.4. Did you install Mailman
from source or are you running Apple's package?

If the latter, you may need to use Apple resources rather than this
list for help. In either case, you may find the following FAQ article
of interest.

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp