[Mailman-Users] yet-another-sendmail-hates-me "list not found" problem

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sat Oct 2 22:28:05 CEST 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 01:03:43PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 12:50:05PM -0700, p e y t o n wrote:
> >
> > brad,
> >
> > thanks for the quick reply. i've compared the /etc/aliases entries for the
> > new list with old ones that i've been running for years and don't see any
> > difference. i even copied and pasted the entries below straight from
> > mailman when i created the list.
> >
> > here's what's in my /etc/aliases for "test".
> >
> 	[[ .... ]]
>

> > -p

> > >        It looks to me like you don't have your aliases set up correctly.
> > >
> > >--
> > >Brad Knowles, <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org>
> > >

> 	My dime's worth--being entirely new to mm: I discovered that
> 	putting the aliases in /etc/aliases rather than /etc/mail/aliases
> 	(or wherever your sendmail directory is  just does not work.
>
> 	I have yet to 2-check, but only after I put my list aliases in
> 	/etc/mail did things begin to happen.

	Correction to my last post, having checked on another server.
	/etc/aliases is a symlink.  (I had broken this via RCS/ci
	some time before testing Mailman, and when I put my aliases
	into /etc/mail, no go.)  Have you read the documenttion in
	/usr/local/share/doc/mailman?  I did things via CLI following
	the INSTALL and README file, and you may have to do this
	as well.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix