[Mailman-Users] yet-another-sendmail-hates-me "list not found" problem

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Oct 2 21:58:15 CEST 2004

At 12:48 PM -0700 on 2004-10-02, you wrote:

>  thanks for the quick reply. i've compared the /etc/aliases entries for
>  the new list with old ones that i've been running for years and don't
>  see any difference. i even copied and pasted the entries below straight
>  from mailman when i created the list.

	Maybe your aliases file hasn't been rebuilt.  Afterall, the
/etc/aliases file is only used as input to build the database which
is actually used by the MTA, and the database won't be updated until
you run "newaliases" after changing the /etc/aliases file.
Alternatively, perhaps the aliases file you're actually using is
somewhere else, so changes to this file are not relevant anymore.

	But both of these problems are specific to your MTA, not Mailman.
You'd be better off using the resources which are dedicated to your
MTA (and your platform) to help you track down these problems.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755