[Mailman-Users] Generic non-members rejection notice

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sun Nov 21 09:33:21 CET 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 02:03:13PM +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
> I see this question asked, but haven't seen a reply. Is there any way to
>  change the response message that non-members receive when rejection is
> the chosen action?

They receive the message in Mailman/Handlers/Moderate.py's
do_reject() (or the translation of that message from the
correct language catalog).

> I managed to modify my admin gui to allow adding an attribute
> nonmember_rejection_notice (had to fake a getattr out as well), but I
> can't seem to make this message appear in rejections. In fact the code
> in Moderate.py doesn't seem to get used during rejections. I cchecked
> and it seems as though the .pck does contain the new attribute.

You should add (or replace) the code in do_reject().  (If
changing that text string, remember to restart Mailman after
editing.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/