[Mailman-Users] Problem moving 2.0 list to 2.1.5 [SOLVED]

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Nov 18 20:39:19 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>
> >I am trying to move lists between servers and upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1.5,
> >and it's not working.
> >
> >I was able to recreate the archives with cleanarch and arch.  Then I move
> >the lists/mylist directory to the new server and run withlist -l -r
> >fix_url mylist.  Then I see the following problems:
> >
> >(1) The list does not appear on either the listinfo or admin pages.
> >
> >(2) I can go to the admin page directly at
> >my.site.com/mailman/admin/mylist, but if I submit any config changes or go
> >to any of the other admin pages, Mailman crashes with a "Premature end of
> >scripts" message.
> >
> >Did I miss a step someplace?  Anyone else seen this problem when
> >upgrading?
>
> If you create a new list, is everything OK with it?

Yes.

> Are DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST set appropriately in
> mm_cfg.py?

Actually, I figured out the problem, which was that I was using the mail
URL for the list in fix_url rather than Mailman's Web host URL.  I reran
fix_url and reset the mail host in the interface and all seems well.

> Did you run bin/update after moving the list directory?

It wasn't clear from the UPGRADING readme that that step was necessary.
bin/update seems like it will update Mailman itself (which may not be
desirable).  Is it necessary for moving mailing lists?  What does it do
for 2.0-2.1 upgrades?

Thanks.

> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,