[Mailman-Users] Duplicates and list-in-list

Allen Watson allen at circleofa.com
Mon Nov 15 03:41:38 CET 2004

Too bad. I can't use the workaround in the FAQ, because my six lists are on
a pair.com server; I do not have command line access.

I've devised a way to do this (combine the six lists into a single list with
no duplicate addresses) by using the "who" command to get all six lists
mailed to me. I combine these, sort and remove duplicates using BBEdit.
Then, I import the lot into an address book group in Microsoft Entourage,
and mail it. Even with about 1000 entries, Entourage via Earthlink seems to
handle the load OK.

I've thought of setting up a seventh, master list, and updating it each time
we need to use it, rather like your script does. I may go that route. But I
wish there were a simpler way. It is a pain in the neck to have to do this
every time we want to use the "master list." Fortunately, we don't need to
do it that often.

--
Your companion on the journey,
Allen Watson

The Circle of Atonement, P.O. Box 4238, W. Sedona, AZ 86340
<http://www.circleofa.com>
"Whom you forgive is free, and what you give you share. Forgive the sins
your brother thinks he has committed, and all the guilt you think you see in
him." (A Course in Miracles, T-19.IV(D.i).15:9-10)