[Mailman-Users] {Oink!!} Pig at the wedding question/diatribe

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Fri Nov 5 21:09:11 CET 2004

John, everything you say is valid, and your response is helpful.  It is not my intent to
just 'bitch from the cheap seat'...the old, 'The food's no good and there's not enough of it'.
What I was attempting to express was/is my frustration at a beautiful application with
many good feature, responsive development, etc., etc....that is missing the boat with the
fundamental issue of maintenance and updating.  It is like the guy who builds an exquisite
power boat in the basement...but with no way to get it out of the basement.
I'd think it wouldn't have taken any longer to design the GNU packaging tools and process
to build single-binary, host-portable output.  A lot of thought has gone into Mailman...a
little more into in packaging would have boosted its acceptance enormously

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources