[Mailman-Users] {Oink!!} Pig at the wedding question/diatribe

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 18:23:48 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 12:36, Stewart Dean wrote:
> [ snip free software is hard to use rant ]

It seems to me you have several options are your disposal:

1) Pay a nominal fee for your software. In the Linux domain Red Hat and
other distribution vendors work hard to provide the type of end user
experience you want. Enterprise versions seek to provide stability,
security, and ease of use for demanding enterprise class situations by
doing active engineering on open source software. Red Hat, SuSE, and
others are in business, its not a charity (but you can download free
versions of our RPM from the Fedora project, which forms the base for
the next enterprise distribution).

2) Contribute your time to the project. Most everything you get for free
with an open source project was done by volunteers who thought it was
more productive to contribute than complain. Your work in making the
project better will be appreciated by all.

3) Don't use something you never paid for or contributed to.

John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>