[Mailman-Users] Too many recipients to the message

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 5 03:00:30 CET 2004

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

>On Nov 3, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Kelly Conwell wrote:
>
>> How do I correct "Too many recipients to the message" in a mailing
>> this, as
>> well as, see who the user is sending to ? The list user is an allowed
>> sender. He post To: alist at domain.org and will also Cc: maybe (5) more
>> individuals users who are not part of the list.
>
>Is there a reason why I have been getting this same message several
>times a day for several days now?

Yes, the OP has some kind of server problem that keeps retrying the
delivery of the post every hour and 20 minutes or so even though the
post is accepted by the incoming MTA at python.org every time.

Either the OP has not been checking mail and is unaware of this or
doesn't know what to do about it (hint talk to the administrator of
your server at mail.glenview34.org).

Also, the administrators of this list (mailman-users at python.org) are
either unaware of the problem or haven't bothered to moderate the OP's
subscription or take other action.

And I know it must seem like several days, but it's only been about 31
hours.