[Mailman-Users] mailman on 2 servers

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Nov 4 01:00:57 CET 2004

At 5:47 PM -0600 2004-11-03, Troy Richard wrote:

>  So you would just install the mailman on the 2nd server and then just send
>  all the mail through the mail server.

	I think that would probably be one of the easiest configurations, yes.

>                                         The only problem I'm seeing with
>  that is how do you get the incoming mail to the web server for mailman to
>  process?

	The Mailman machine handles it's own incoming mail.  The other
machine is used just for outgoing mail.  At least, that's the easy
way to do it.

	If the one outgoing-only machine turns out not to be sufficient,
it's easy enough to set up additional outgoing-only machines and to
pass traffic off to the set of outgoing-only machines through some
sort of round-robin or other load-balancing technique.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755