[Mailman-Users] Checking up on state of Virtual Hosts feature

Matthew England mengland at mengland.net
Tue Nov 2 13:57:01 CET 2004

At 11/1/2004 10:20 PM, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
>See
>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=300103&func=detail&aid=943827
>There is no plan to include this in 2.1 stable branch. It may be in
>mailman 3.0 or later.

Thanks for this info.  Seems like good news.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=300103&func=detail&aid=943827

Does anyone have the above patch working for Mailman 2.1.5 with significant
testing and confidence?  On a Redhat 9 system (the one I'm using),
perhaps?   The patch says it's running Mailman rev "2.1.1-5.1 Debian
stable", something that I'm assuming is a source brance off of 2.1.1
specifically for Debian systems.

Can anyone elaborate more on this version of Mailman and how it differs
with respect to the 2 patched files (bin/newlist and Mailman/MailList.py)?

To quote the patch link:

"
We developped a reliable solution for running lists with the same name on
different domains on the same Mailman installation.
I implemented that on top of the Mailman 2.1.1-5.1 Debian stable
package.  All that is needed is to patch 2 files (bin/newlist,
Mailman/MailList.py) in the mailman install...
"

-Matt