[Mailman-Users] Any problems with groupwise and mailman.

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat May 29 16:11:13 CEST 2004

At 6:34 AM -0700 2004/05/29, peace bwitchu wrote:

>  Does anyone know of any problems between groupwise and
>  mailman?  It generally takes between 10 and 45 minutes
>  for me to recieve posts from my list through groupwise
>  but anywhere else recieves in lightning times.

	Hmm.  No, haven't heard anything specifically about this.

	Do you have any kind of log data that you can show us, both from
the mailing list server and within the groupwise system?

>                              I seem to get the
>  administrative emails from mailman very quickly in
>  groupwise though????

	Hmm.  That might be an issue with groupwise trying to deal with
large numbers of recipients for a message to the mailing list,
whereas it works a lot faster with messages that have only one
recipient.  However, going to full personalization (with or without
VERP) might not help this situation, since you would then be storing
many more copies of that message within the groupwise system --
individual messages might be handled faster, but the overall load on
the system might be much higher.

	Of course, this is all just guesswork, without any real idea of
how groupwise works internally.