[Mailman-Users] autoupdate /etc/aliases?

Pat Riehecky prieheck at iwu.edu
Wed May 12 20:42:43 CEST 2004

I'm playing around a bit with mailman and was wondering how to get it to
update /etc/aliases automatically using postfix.

Here is the stuff from Defaults.py
MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = []  # not using virtual domains
POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'

and I have symlinked /etc/aliases to mail/aliases, but running addlist as
either root or (after chown mailman /etc/mail/aliases) mailman it is not
updated.  What obvious thing have I missed?

pat
The lines which your eye falls on first here were written last.  Their
purpose is to make yet another attempt to force into the form of a letter
the detailed investigation which is sent to you herewith.  These lines
correspond, then, with the last lines and together they form an envelope,
thus indicating in an external way what interal proofs in many ways will
convince you of, that this is a letter you are reading.
~Kierkegaard