[Mailman-Users] generalized specs question

texas critter texascritter at emaillist-managers.com
Wed May 12 05:04:55 CEST 2004

Lloyd F. Tennison wrote:

> Depends on whether personalized and the size of the emails.  I scan
> usually send 20,000 - 40,000 personalized, 10-15k in under two hours.
> It also depends on how clean your list is.  The more bad addresses the
> longer it takes.

and the more Yahoo and Hotmail addresses, the longer it takes.  Most large
freemail providers' servers are always overwhelmed and very slow to accept
mail.  I've sat and watched a single mail transaction for a 2k email going
to Yahoo take over 10 minutes from start to finish.

hth,
texas critter

--
EL-M FAQ: http://www.emaillist-managers.com/