[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman version 2.1.1. Or so it says...

Richard Stevenson richard at endace.com
Mon Mar 29 04:34:00 CEST 2004

Hi all

I'm using Mailman on FreeBSD 5.0, installed from the ports collection,
with Python 2.2.  Over the weekend, I updated that system for security
reasons, so we're now running at patch level 20 instead of patch level 8.
I now have problems with Mailman, and would appreciate some pointers on
where to look.

My mailing lists appear to be working as designed, apart from the web
interface.  I can point my browser at the admindb/listname page, give it
the password, and then I get this:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.1

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 238, in main
    mlist.Save()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 505, in Save
    self.__save(dict)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 465, in __save
    cPickle.dump(dict, fp, 1)
SystemError: frexp() result out of range

I've tried upgrading Mailman, Python, and both, and still have the same
problem.  I'm guessing that something changed in the system, but looking
at the Mailman code doesn't give me any clues as to what's going wrong, or
what I can do to fix it.  Can someone give me a few pointers?  I'm a bit
stuck if I can't moderate my lists...

Regards

Richard

--