[Mailman-Users] Trouble with newlist

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 7 23:17:45 CET 2004

At the command line type launch the Python interpretor:
 python

   # in the python interpretor:
   import os
   dir(os)

Look in this lengthy list for fsync.

Tell us what version of Python you are using, and you might want to
cut/past the output of the "dir(os)" command.

On my systems, "help(os.fsync)" returns:
  Help on built-in function fsync:

  fsync(...)
      fsync(fildes) -> None
      force write of file with filedescriptor to disk.
  (END)

Note: you have to "import os" before you can look at its built-in
functions

This is looking like a problem with the Python install.

Jon Carnes