[Mailman-Users] Re: No footer

Anita Lewis anita at ajlewis.org
Wed Jun 16 18:07:39 CEST 2004

Brad Knowles wrote:

>     The messages may appear to be plain text, but they may be sent in
> a MIME bodypart type that makes it difficult to handle them well. This
> is especially likely if you have overseas clients sending e-mail to a
> mailing list hosted in English.  In this case, this is a problem with
> MIME, not HTML.
>
>     To be certain as to what is going on, we'd need to see complete
> copies of sample e-mail messages that go through okay as compared to
> messages that fail, with all headers intact, etc....

Not sure if this list accepts attachments.  I sent in a message earlier
with the sample e-mail attached and haven't seen it.  All of our
messages are lacking the footer.  Inserted below is one of our messages:
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:15:42 -0400
From: Anita Lewis <A.Lewis at linuxbasics.org>
To: Question and Answers on Linux <qna at linuxbasics.org>
Subject: Re: [LBo] Fedora Core 2 and Mandrake 10 problem with dual boot
Windows
    XP
    <mailto:qna-request at linuxbasics.org?subject=subscribe>

Stefan Waidele jun. wrote:

 >> Could be that Suse uses cfdisk or fdisk for partitioning and I think
 >> this is happening only when parted is used.
 >

 > Yes. I don't remember the details, but I used Suse to resize the
 > windows-partition.
 >
 > Well, It worked for me :)

Here is a series of posts that sound like a similar problem. I put my 2
cents in at the bottom. :-)

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179474&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

So far I have not found out what Suse uses to partition during the
install.  Note that this fellow resized in advance, but made only one
partition.  I'm sure that the installer divided that partition up into
at least a swap and root partition.  If it did it with parted, then the
problem could happen.

Anita