[Mailman-Users] Mailman control on message rate ??

Yogesh Subhash Talekar yogesh at unipune.ernet.in
Mon Jun 21 14:49:48 CEST 2004

hi,

I am trying to configure Mailman with postfix server. All my users
currently reside on a mainframe while the main mail relays runs on postfix
(Linux). We are about to migrate Mainframe to some other system. So we
wish to move the mailing list on Mainframe to the postfix server first.

Since there are lists with large number of members,  I want to control the
flow of messages (rather rate of messages) which will be flowing from
Mailman to Postfix. I run the list via a separate virtual domain. Now
suppose I have 5000 members on one list and I want 20 mails to be sent per
second when a post expands from mailman. Also,I want to keep other mails
flowing through postfix unaffected.

Is it possible to do it ? If yes, where is it possible to pput such a
control ?? Postfix or mailman?

Please advice

--yogesh