[Mailman-Users] subscribing subscribers to topics

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Tue Jun 15 02:40:32 CEST 2004

On Jun 15, 2004, at 02:41, Christopher Adams wrote:

> That addtopics.py was a typo. The name of the file is addtopic.py, but
> when I run withlist, I get the error message that I quoted, that the
> addtopic module doesn't exist.

I typically keep the *.py files I use with withlist in either the top
level Mailman directory (sometimes referred to as $prefix or
/usr/local/mailman by default) or in its bin directory.  If you put
addtopic.py in either of those directories, it should be found whether
you invoke withlist as 'bin/withlist' from the top level directory as I
suggested, or as './withlist' as you tried.

>  Do I have to 'install' the module or something?

No.  It just needs to be in one of the places Python searches for a
module.  (This search path can be seen by examining the value of
Python's sys.path variable.  You could stick a 'print sys.path' just
before the try to see the directories that will be searched for your
new module.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/