[Mailman-Users] mailman setup for vhosts

David J. Duffner - NWCWEB.com mmuserslist at nwcweb.com
Mon Jun 14 19:36:39 CEST 2004

	Ok, wading through this I possibly have some insight as we've
been pounding on this solution in a Red Hat Linux environment for
some time with success:

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43004

	We've managed to make an earlier version of Mailman that would
do as this gent needs, but under Ensim Pro's chrooted environment with
virtual sites.  In this fashion we've managed to make separate and
distinct copies of Mailman not only install but provide all the normal
features for this revision.  I'm using this now and it works without
a hitch.  I'd discussed any workarounds for a chrooted environment here
about a year ago with limited success, but we finally got a solution!

	This solution is working under Ensim Pro with both RHEL and the
Fedora cores.

	Upgrading Mailman to the latest version is the remaining challenge
as it doesn't run as a cronjob as we've achieved in this solution.  To
get Mailmanctl to function properly, the only thoughts we've had are to
possibly run multiple copies of Mailmanctl for each domain that would
host lists, but we haven't tried that yet and are open to any suggestions
or options we might have there.

	HTH as far as a possible baseline solution in Scott's case!

      David J. Duffner
      VP Operations
      NWC Corporation
      NWCWEB.com

NWCWEB.com - Your Design & Hosting Solution!
Featuring Ensim Pro/Linux Servers, Hosted
Accounts, Web Design and e-Commerce services
NWC Corporation - Global e-Pay Solutions

Message scanned by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This transmission intended for the
specified destination and person.  If this is not you, this
e-mail must be deleted immediately.     www.nwcweb.com