[Mailman-Users] Grey digests

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Sat Jun 12 10:12:41 CEST 2004

Greetings,

It has come to my attention that messages with signatures from Mozilla
or Netscape mail clients cause digests to be displayed in grey from the
beginning of one such message to the end of the digest when received by
Gecko-powered mail clients when the MIME version of the digests is selected.

Obiously I can't suggest that Mozilla users downgrade to Outlook
Express, and I don't think it will work very well to ask list members
using Mozilla to delete their sigs before mailing. Some users (i.e.
Earthlink subscribers) can't accept individual messages.

Has anyone looked closely at this issue? Is there a setting that can be
changed? Is this a Gecko bug, or is there something that Mailman is
doing wrong?

I'm a mod on a 2300-member list where this comes up from time to time
and hope to be able to help resolve this.

Van Van Horn

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web design, hosting, and maintenance,
visit Van's home page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/