[Mailman-Users] Mailman docs and use

Rick Stone rstone75 at kc.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 00:59:07 CEST 2004

Greetings

I'm a total newbie to Mailman. It appears to be the mailing list of choice by my web host. So here I am.

I've been digging through what documentation I can find, but seem to be coming up dry in finding anything that lays out in very simple terms what to do. For example, I see that I can edit a form where users go to "sign up" for my mailing list. Fair enough. But I'm unclear on exactly how they will get to this form. I am assuming a URL of some sort off my site will get them there? How do I determine the URL?

Additionally, I'm not seeing anything that advises me on how I will be sending messages to my list. I'm wanting it to work as follows:

Users sign up for the list.
Periodically, I plan on sending announcement messages via the list that will end up in the users' in-boxes as E-Mail messages. Typically these would be announcements about site changes that the subscribers may be interested in.

Any insights or pointers to some good docs will be appreciated!

Rick :)