[Mailman-Users] After upgrade to 2.1.1 info field not working

R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Fri Jun 11 00:35:49 CEST 2004

I'm in the process of moving a number of mailing lists from a server
running Mailman 2.0.5 to 2.1.1 and have run into a minor problem. Any
HTML entered in the list info field such as anchor tags does not display
correctly on 2.1.1. Instead of showing up as HTML, the pointy brackets
are escaped as < and > and visible as raw HTML markup on the web
page. In otherwords, where we used to see an clickable link on the 2.0.5
list info page, on 2.1.1, we see the raw HTML: <a
href="blah.com">link</a>

I've looked in the FAQ and searched Google but didn't find any fix
(though I did run across other folks experiencing the problem). Any
ideas?

-Steve