[Mailman-Users] Question about configuring Mailman

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jun 3 17:32:13 CEST 2004

At 4:24 PM +0800 2004/06/03, Webmaster wrote:

>  First, my company using a HP-UX as web and SMTP server while a Redhat
>  ES3 as application server. I run the Mailman on the app server and
>  configure the SMTPHOST and SMTPPORT point to the HP-UX using IP address.

	As far as this goes, that should work.

>  When I first test the list by adding new members in, it success. Every
>  new members can receive the welcoming email. But, when I post a message
>  to the list, it fail... I really don't know why... Is that I can only
>  run the Mailman on a Linux server with SMTP service?

	Sounds like the mail server hasn't been configured to know about
all the aliases, etc... for the mailing list.

	When you run a split application/mail server installation like
this, you need to remember to copy all the aliases that are created
when you create a mailing list and then modify them as necessary when
you put them into place on the mail server.