[Mailman-Users] Question about configuring Mailman

Webmaster webmaster at hongkongpost.com
Thu Jun 3 10:24:08 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am new to Mailman, also mailing list. Due to the restrictions of my company, I have some questions about configuring Mailman.

First, my company using a HP-UX as web and SMTP server while a Redhat ES3 as application server. I run the Mailman on the app server and configure the SMTPHOST and SMTPPORT point to the HP-UX using IP address.

When I first test the list by adding new members in, it success. Every new members can receive the welcoming email. But, when I post a message to the list, it fail... I really don't know why... Is that I can only run the Mailman on a Linux server with SMTP service?

Thanks for replying!

Regards,
Laurence Lim
ISSD, Hongkong Post