[Mailman-Users] html archive not updating

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 30 18:14:50 CEST 2004

Michael Lee
>But when people submit e-mails to the mail list, the html
>archive page does not get updated.  Other mail lists I have on this
>system are updating properly.  I noticed in the
>~/mailman/archives/privated directory, this evolution mbox I converted
>has a directory ("general"), but there's not corresponding
>"general.mbox" directory, is that the problem?  Permissions on this
>general folder are set to 2775, and it's owned by user/group of
>mailman/mailman.  In the administrative interface for the site,
>archiving is enabled in a public source, and set to monthly for archive
>volume frequency.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I had the same problem with Mailman 2.1.4 with a list created via the
web interface with a public archive. You should be seeing messages
similar to

Apr 17 18:13:10 2004 (2242) Archive file access failure:
        /www/grizz/mailman/archives/private/wed_ride.mbox/wed_ride.mbox
[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/www/grizz/mailman/archives/private/wed_ride.mbox/wed_ride.mbox'

in your error log.

If I recall correctly, we created the archives/private/listname.mbox/
directory by hand with appropriate owner/group/permissions. After
that, bin/unshunt should get things going.