[Mailman-Users] Wish List

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Jul 24 08:09:56 CEST 2004

    Brad> 	Hmm.  If I am answering too many questions,

That deserves taking seriously, I think.

    Brad> then maybe it is time for me to leave.

But please don't leave!

The great majority of your posts are precise FAQ citations.  This is
really, really good.  I wish my project had a FAQ as comprehensive as
Mailman's.

There _are_ two things I can see that are possibly wrong with that.
The first is I'm reminded of the old saw about giving fish vs.
teaching fishing.  If people aren't learning to consult the FAQ
themselves....  OTOH, many many new Mailman users seem to be
non-technical or self-trained people (which is an amazing achievement
in itself, considering the complexity of the application), and this
may be their first exposure to the RTFM culture.

The second is ...

    >> I can tell I've been working far too many hours.

    Brad> 	Maybe I have too.

Take out some time to play.  You definitely deserve it!