[Mailman-Users] Problem after bin/arch'ing

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jul 22 11:31:24 CEST 2004

At 10:09 AM +0100 2004-07-22, Ian A B Eiloart wrote:

>  I haven't tested this, but you should be able to use something like this.
>  Copy everything between the ---snip--- lines, including the blank lines,
>  but NOT the snip lines themselves.

	The problem with telling people to copy something exactly is when
the message is processed by a downstream mail server that modifies
what you've typed, so that other software doesn't get confused as to
what constitutes an entire message in the mailbox.

	In particular, the conversion of "^From_" (where "^" represents
the beginning of the line, and "_" represents a hard space character)
to "^>From_".

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755