[Mailman-Users] Lists work, but no archives - more info

Doug Lipman mail at storydynamics.com
Sun Jul 18 18:04:23 CEST 2004

Additional info, which I'm sure is more to the core of my problem:

I was wrong that the lists work. In fact, any message I send - from
any sender, registered or not - to the myw at storydynamics.com address
is sent on to the sender. When I fill out the subscription form at
<http://www.storydynamics.com/mailman/listinfo/myw>, it appears that
I am completing the process. But:
	1. no confirmation email comes to the new member or to me as
administrator.
	2. the subscriber list remains empty, too.
	3. no other previously "registered" subscribers get copies of the mail.
I guess the archiving problem is just a symptom of whatever is
causing this problem.
Any ideas?
Doug

>Hi, I'm a newbie using Mailman 2.1.5 on Linux (Redhat 9) with
>sendmail. I was able to install Mailman and create lists via the
>web. The lists work; messages sent to it go out to subscribers.
>
>The problem is that, even though I have set the "Archive" option via
>the web interface, none of my lists is archiving. When I go to the
>archive page via html, I get " No messages have been posted to this
>list yet, so the archives are currently empty."
>
>I thought I had perhaps made a mistake with the pipermail alias in
>Apache, but when I go to <http://www.storydynamics.com/pipermail/> I
>see what appears to be the correct list (i.e., one link for each of
>my mailing lists).
>
>I have searched my logs, at least the ones I could find. The only
>two logs in /usr/local/mailman/logs are "error" and "subscribe."
>Subscribe looks reasonable; error is empty. I'm not sure exactly how
>to read all the other logs I have found in /var/log/ and in
>/var/log/httpd, but no entry seems relevant on the face of it. I
>don't know what other logs I should be trying to read.
>
>I have also searched the archives for help at
><http://www.mail-archive.com>, with no success.
>
>Does anyone have an idea what I could have done wrong? Or at least
>where else to look?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Doug Lipman
>--

Doug Lipman, P.O. Box 441195, West Somerville, MA 02144
Phone: (781) 391-3672. Fax: (781) 391-6341. Toll-free: (888) 446-4738
Story Dynamics: workshops, performances, coaching

Web page: http://storydynamics.com
         Free monthly email newsletter, "eTips from the Storytelling Coach."
         "A wonderful, chock full of provocative ideas, storytelling
newsletter. I like it a lot!" - Loretta Greene (Tempe, AZ)

Upcoming workshops: http://storydynamics.com/Services/upcoming.html
The Soul of Hope: http://SoulOfHope.net
The Hasidic Stories Home Page: http://www.HasidicStories.com