[Mailman-Users] Lists work, but no archives

Doug Lipman mail at storydynamics.com
Sun Jul 18 08:06:13 CEST 2004

Hi, I'm a newbie using Mailman 2.1.5 on Linux (Redhat 9) with
sendmail. I was able to install Mailman and create lists via the web.
The lists work; messages sent to it go out to subscribers.

The problem is that, even though I have set the "Archive" option via
the web interface, none of my lists is archiving. When I go to the
archive page via html, I get " No messages have been posted to this
list yet, so the archives are currently empty."

I thought I had perhaps made a mistake with the pipermail alias in
Apache, but when I go to <http://www.storydynamics.com/pipermail/> I
see what appears to be the correct list (i.e., one link for each of
my mailing lists).

I have searched my logs, at least the ones I could find. The only two
logs in /usr/local/mailman/logs are "error" and "subscribe."
Subscribe looks reasonable; error is empty. I'm not sure exactly how
to read all the other logs I have found in /var/log/ and in
/var/log/httpd, but no entry seems relevant on the face of it. I
don't know what other logs I should be trying to read.

I have also searched the archives for help at
<http://www.mail-archive.com>, with no success.

Does anyone have an idea what I could have done wrong? Or at least
where else to look?

Thanks!

Doug Lipman

Doug Lipman, P.O. Box 441195, West Somerville, MA 02144
Web page: http://storydynamics.com
         Free monthly email newsletter, "eTips from the Storytelling Coach."
         "A wonderful, chock full of provocative ideas, storytelling
newsletter. I like it a lot!" - Loretta Greene (Tempe, AZ)