[Mailman-Users] None of my Admin's are Recevicing "Waiting forModerator Aproval E-mails"

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Tue Jul 13 16:01:03 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:54:42AM -0400, Oliver Brian (BTAS) wrote:
> I'm starting to wonder if I have a bigger issue.  I'm using Mailman
> 2.1.4 with EXIM 3.35. I can't find any documentation that tells me how
> to set these versions up together. It's either Mailman 2.1 and EXIM 4 or
> Mailman 2 and EXIM 3.  Could this be the problem?  Any pointers on
> proper documentation?  Should I upgrade?

Exim 4.x has significantly improved flexibility, but that is
advocacy for another list.  You certainly can use Exim 3.x with
Mailman 2.1 if you wish.

And remember that you don't *have* to use the cleverness in
your Exim configuration to automatically discover the lists.
If you are willing to maintain the alias file by hand (and set
the correct user on the pipe handler in Exim if necessary), you
can use the manual method.  I don't recommend it, but some
people seem to prefer it.

> Also I do have "mailowner" in my EXIM.conf.  Should I remove
> it?

Yes, it is from your old Mailman 2.0 installation.  The "wrapper"
name has changed (and there are some additional local part
suffixes you'll want to add).

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/