[Mailman-Users] Bug in Debian Mailman 2.1.4

Schooten, Bas van Bas.vanSchooten at let.uu.nl
Mon Jul 12 16:39:56 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am new on this mailinglist. Looked at the FAQ and the discussions so far,
but didn't seem to find anything about it. So I'll just ask:

There are several ways to get a bugreport from Mailman
on Debian Linux testing.

The easiest is going to listinfo/<listname>. Fill in a
non-existent e-mail address in the last field
(unsubscribe) like: alsjdf at hx.nx, and this is the reply:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem,
please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for
this site with a description of what happened. Thanks!
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in
run_main
main()
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/options.py",
line 226, in main
password, user):
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py",
line 220, in WebAuthenticate
ok = self.CheckCookie(ac, user)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py",
line 300, in CheckCookie
ok = self.__checkone(c, authcontext, user)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py",
line 310, in __checkone
key, secret = self.AuthContextInfo(authcontext, user)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py",
line 105, in AuthContextInfo
secret = self.getMemberPassword(user)
File
"/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py",
line 102, in getMemberPassword
raise Errors.NotAMemberError, member
NotAMemberError: alsjdf at hx.nx

There are more ways to get these pages:

When using discard_these_nonmembers with non-existent
e-mail addresses, the same error page is presented.

Are these bugs already known / solved, or are there
workarounds for them?

-------
Ing. Bas van Schooten
UNIX systeembeheer / WebCT beheer
Centrum voor Informatisering en Multimedia (CIM)
Universiteit Utrecht
+31-30-2539965
Kromme Nieuwegracht 80. Kamer 2.05B. 3512 HM Utrecht.