[Mailman-Users] Setting up web admin interfaces.

James Sinnamon frodo000 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 13 07:04:59 CEST 2004

Jeff,

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:19 pm, you wrote:
<snip/>
> > It's not obvious to me what I need to do to httpd.conf, and
> > where I need to put the various mailman files in order to
> > set up the mailman administrative web interfaces.
<snip/>

> All of that is in the INSTALL file.

Thanks for the response.  I couldn't see an INSTALL file anywhere
file in /usr/share/doc/mailman/

> > BTW, I am using a Debian(testing) Linux system.
>
> If I might make a suggestion, install from source and not from the
> debian package.

This could be can of worms, even if, possibly, a necessary one.
When I downloaded mailman-2.1.5.tgz, unpacked it, then
tried to run ./configure in the source directory, it complained
of not being able to find 'distutils'.  Can't find that in
the debian packages database.

So I may need to get the source python files also?

Anyway, at least I now have a INSTALL file, so I can read that.

Thanks,

regards,

James

--