[Mailman-Users] defining topics

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Thu Jul 8 01:36:16 CEST 2004

I would like to set up some topics and allow subscribers to subscribe to
topics of their choice. So, I have set up one called 'Licensing'. The
Regular Expression is simply Licensing. I have 2 current subscribers.
One (me) is subscribed to the Licensing topic. The other is not. When I
send out the message, the body looks like this:

Licensing

Blah blah..blah..blah..blah

 From the documentation, I assume that all that has to happen is that if
in the first 5 lines (the default) of the message body, the string
Licensing is found, the message will be sent to me since I am subscribed
to Licensing, but not to the subscriber that is not subscribed to the
topic. Both of us have the option to receive message without topics
turned off.

The result is the opposite of what I would expect. I don't get the
message, but the address not subscribed to the topic does. I have done
this consistently and can't figure out what might be the problem.

--
Christopher Adams