[Mailman-Users] migrating templates after upgrade

Akop Pogosian akopps at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jul 5 00:09:17 CEST 2004

I have upgraded mailman installation from 2.0.13 to 2.1.5. The
documetation mentions something about updating list templates but I
am still not sure how to do it. So far I have run the following
commands:

cd ~mailman/lists
for i in *;do diff -r $i ../templates/en > $i.diffs;done

Now, the *.diff files in that directory contain lots of lines like:

"Only in ../templates/en: admindbsummary.html"
"Only in ../templates/en: adminsubscribeack.txt"

Does that mean that I should copy all of those new files over into the
mailing list directories? And then there are also some html files that
differ but it doesn't look like they have been edited by users.
Shouldn't they have been copied over automatically during upgrade?
Should I copy them by hand? Is there a programatic way to determine if
any of those differing files have been edited by users?

-akop