[Mailman-Users] Exim4 and Mailman 2.1.4 and Debian -- SMTP 550 error

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun Jul 4 23:11:26 CEST 2004

At 4:35 PM -0400 2004-07-04, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:

>  Here's the problem:  I can send mail to a list from an account on the
>  list machine, and all recipients (either local or remote) get the
>  message just fine.  However, sending a message to the same list from
>  any remote machine yields a "550 unknown user" error for the list name
>  at the sender machine, as follows:

	Well, I'm just guessing, but I'd have to say that you haven't
told Exim how to find the file which contains the aliases for your
mailing lists.

	But given your description of how you've back-ported Exim, and
how you're not using the standard configuration for your OS, I think
you're more likely to get help from a mailing list related to Exim or
Debian.