[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman post from mailman at math.vassar.edu requires approval

Benjamin Lotto lotto at vassar.edu
Thu Jul 1 21:41:59 CEST 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 3:08 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 1:06 PM -0400 2004-07-01, Benjamin Lotto wrote:
>
>>  I am a mailman neophyte who is trying to use mailman on Mac OS X
>> Server
>>  (10.3.4).  Everything was working well until this morning when I got
>>  the following e-mail message.
>
> 	There's not really much support that we can provide for MacOS X
> Server.  See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
> req=show&file=faq01.021.htp>.
>
> 	I'm sure that someone will try to help, but you really need to talk
> to Apple.  They provided the software, and they customized it in ways
> that they have not informed us about.

Perhaps a pointer to some general information about how mailman works
would be helpful?  I might be able to apply that knowledge to the apple
setting.

I've noticed that there are a zillion files in qfiles/shunt.  All of
them seem to be related to the once-a-month reminders that mailman
sends out.  check_db told me that everything is OK.  Trying to access a
couple of lists via the web page interface results in errors.  Others
seem to work fine.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ben