[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman post from mailman at math.vassar.edu requires approval

Benjamin Lotto lotto at vassar.edu
Thu Jul 1 19:06:43 CEST 2004

I am a mailman neophyte who is trying to use mailman on Mac OS X Server
(10.3.4).  Everything was working well until this morning when I got
the following e-mail message.

On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:00 AM, mailman-owner at math.vassar.edu wrote:

> As list administrator, your authorization is requested for the
> following mailing list posting:
>
>     List:    Mailman at math.vassar.edu
>     From:    mailman at math.vassar.edu
>     Subject: Cron <mailman at math> /usr/bin/python -S
> /usr/share/mailman/cron/disabled
>     Reason:  Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> At your convenience, visit:
>
>     http://math.vassar.edu/mailman/admindb/mailman
>
> to approve or deny the request.
>
> From: mailman at math.vassar.edu (Cron Daemon)
> Date: July 1, 2004 9:00:01 AM EDT
> To: mailman at math.vassar.edu
> Subject: Cron <mailman at math> /usr/bin/python -S
> /usr/share/mailman/cron/disabled
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/cron/disabled", line 209, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/cron/disabled", line 202, in main
>     mlist.Save()
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 515, in Save
>     self.__save(dict)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 487, in __save
>     os.unlink(fname_last)
> OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:
> '/private/var/mailman/lists/boardconfidential/config.pck.last'
>

> From: mailman-request at math.vassar.edu
> Subject: confirm b9c1ca65ffe21fe79d376ba3a7b21dfd3b785ae3
>

> If you reply to this message, keeping the Subject: header intact,
> Mailman will discard the held message.  Do this if the message is
> spam.  If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
> with the list password in it, the message will be approved for posting
> to the list.  The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
> of the body of the reply.

Attempting to visit http://math.vassar.edu/mailman/admindb/mailman and
typing in the password leads to an error.  Attempting to login to the
admin page for the mailman list or the boardconfidential list leads to
errors as well:

> Traceback:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 194, in main
>     mlist.Save()
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 515, in Save
>     self.__save(dict)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 487, in __save
>     os.unlink(fname_last)
> OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:
> '/private/var/mailman/lists/boardconfidential/config.pck.last'

Can someone give me a clue as to what's going wrong and what I need to
do to fix it?  Thanks thanks thanks!!!

-Ben