[Mailman-Users] mm_cfg.py file settings not seeming to take hold

Jesse Burkhardt jesse at skybuilders.com
Thu Jan 22 18:18:17 CET 2004

It seems to me that mm_cfg.py file settings are not taking hold. I have
appended the following to my mm_cfg.py file, as per the INSTALL doc - I
am successfully running Mailman 2.1.2:

-------- snip ---------

# Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.

# Added by JSB

MTA = None
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mailman.skybuilders.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailman.skybuilders.com'

This is a valid A rec, resolving to the same IP as our FQDN host name
for the Mailman server (which is servicesa.skybuilders.com). There is no
change in the original URLs and host names visible after restarting
associated services, as they appear in the Mailman subscription notices.

I would appreicate it greatly if someone could tell me what I am
missing. Thanks.

--

 Jesse Burkhardt, Cambridge MA
 jesse at skybuilders.com  (w) 617-876-5680