[Mailman-Users] 2 machines with 2 mailmans & 1nfs /archives & /lists

javier javier.romero at cedex.es
Thu Jan 22 09:48:58 CET 2004

Hi people!

The two machines has the same DNSname, but diferent IP number.
two mailmans are working good... you can create list from  two
machines... i put special attention in user and groups, and i had to
change the mailman uid&gid to be the same number in 3 machines
(mailman1,mailman2,NFS store).

Ok, i installed two mailman first, i linked (ln -s) /archives & /lists
to two NFS directories and checkperms -f to solve permision problems.

This is a mailman machine (Sunfire v120, solaris 8):
bash-2.03$ cd /usr/local/mailman/
bash-2.03$ ls -la
total 54
drwxrwsr-x  18 mailman  mailman      512 Oct 29 11:06 .
drwxr-xr-x  11 root     other        512 Sep 19 12:00 ..
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     mailman       26 Jul  3  2003 archives ->
/dirarcon/mailman/archives
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman     1024 Oct  7 12:23 bin
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:23 cgi-bin
-rw-r-----   1 root     mailman     4133 Oct 22 10:42 config.pck
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:25 cron
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman     2048 Nov  9 08:38 data
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:23 icons
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     mailman       23 Jul  3  2003 lists ->
/dirarcon/mailman/lists
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Jan 22 09:45 locks
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  1 08:26 logs
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:23 mail
drwxrwsr-x  11 root     mailman     1536 Nov  3 14:20 Mailman
drwxrwsr-x  24 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 11:27 messages
drwxrwsr-x   6 root     mailman      512 Jul  1  2003 pythonlib
drwxrwsr-x  11 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 11:34 qfiles
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:42 scripts
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      512 Jul  1  2003 spam
drwxrwsr-x  26 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 11:27 templates
drwxrwsr-x   4 root     mailman      512 Oct  7 12:23 tests

Now is fully working good, if you create a new list two machines can
view them, and all is working ok since 3 months.

Before this, sometimes lists got locked, but Richard gave me the fix:

Richard's solution------------------------------------------------------

 From a quick look at the code, I think this may happen if a message has
an invalid Content-type: header of the form:

That is, it has a charset parameter but no actual value has been
assigned to it. But I could be wrong.

As a quick fix you could try changing line 280 of
$prefix/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py from:

         if charset is None or charset == 'us-ascii':

to:

         if charset is None or charset == '' or charset == 'us-ascii':

If you try this hack let me know whether it works or not. I am not sure
if this is the best long term fix but if it appears to work I will look
at the problem a bit further.

Do not forget to backup the Scrubber.py before changing it in case you
have to revert to the original.

Regards

Richard

i hope you enjoy this installation, it works, and if a mailman machine
crash you have other machine to continue working with mailmans

Regards and Thank you for your help!

--
Javier Romero Casado
  tel.913357274