[Mailman-Users] base url

Sean sean at sweetbourbon.com
Thu Jan 15 14:03:15 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm running Mailman 2.1.3, upgraded from 2.6, on FreeBSD 4.6,
Apache/1.3.27.

I see that the base url(web_page_url) option is no longer used in this
version.

I've setup CNAME records for some of the lists on our Mailman
server so that the list interfaces could be accessed by the domain of the
list rather than the domain of the server:

rather than:

When you visited the list pages in the admin section of the user section
the links in the pages would be of the format
http://mylist.mydomain/mailman/listinfo/mylist but this isn't so in verion
2.1.  The links revert back to
http://mailmanserverdomain/mailman/listinfo/mylist.  For the admin section
this requires another login.

Is there any way to work around this so that the links are generated with
the old behavior?

Thanks,
Sean