[Mailman-Users] 4 things: conjugation with usenet, archivisation by arriving date, statistics, and link to the archives i

List Manager listmgr at antennex.com
Tue Jan 13 23:50:14 CET 2004

Hello: I have followed Mailman for a year+ and have yet to reach a point
to replace my combo of majordomo and Mhonarc. Finally, a week ago I
installed the latest version of MM and was quite surprised with how
smoothly it went. I thought, NOW is the time to switch over -- that is,
until I saw the flaw now being discussed about the bad dates in the
archives as shown by MM's own archives.

Being that our lists are filled with scientists, engineers, academics
who commonly measure the quality of a "paper" on its grammar, spelling,
and other nits, this flaw put me off again for the moment -- and I don't
want to have to patch Mhonarc back again. I was thrilled to see the
pipermail archiver installed and then abruptly dissapointed.

I'm not complaining as I jnow this is software that is free to use and
one doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I just saw the opportunity
to ring in on this very on-point issue, and at the same time hoping it
can be fixed soon. Now that I've tried MM, I really like it.....

Thanks.... and keep up the good work!

Best regards,
List Manager

listmgr at antennex.com