[Mailman-Users] 4 things: conjugation with usenet, archivisation by arriving date, statistics, and link to the archives i

Andrzej Kasperowicz andyk at spunge.org
Mon Jan 12 23:09:00 CET 2004

> 	The problem is that the "Date:" field is almost always correct
> (at least, within a few minutes).  This is why people get upset when
> it's wrong.  If you really care about this problem, then what is
> really needed is not to simply choose the fields in a particular
> order, but instead a way of intelligently over-riding and correcting
> the value of the "Date:" field, based on the "Received:" headers.

Well, it seems that instead of overriding "Date:" field by the date from
"Received:" it's enough to use the date from "Received:". At least in
Mhonarc it is like that. I think it should be available as an option in
Mailman.

> 	Of course, this doesn't help you for private archives, which is
> why there are tools like glimpse.

But when admin has no will/time to install it, it would be better to have
it included in Mailman, just like pipermail is included.
After all developers could had not included pipermail, and say 'hey,
there is Mhonarc, and hypermail, use that if you want to archive posts'.

ak