[Mailman-Users] 4 things: conjugation with usenet, archivisation by arriving date, statistics, and link to the archives i

Andrzej Kasperowicz andyk at spunge.org
Tue Jan 13 00:30:37 CET 2004

> 	Of course, you're always free to install Mhonarc, if you don't
> like the methods employed by pipermail.

I can't, I'm not the admin there.

> 	But it would be the worst possible mistake to try to make
> pipermail ape Mhonarc in every way.

Nobody wants that.

> 	If you can't get your admin to install the tools in question (for
> what is presumably a paying customer), how can you expect to get the
> developers of mailman to do everything your admin won't/can't, and
> for free?

No. I'm not the one, that's why I cannot be too fussy. :/
I simply noticed the problem, and told you about it. I even shown you how
others tried to solve it. Saying 'it's not a big problem' might be true,
but it just doesn't bring us any closer to the solution, does it?
I just hoped all the problems I mentioned will be put in the todo list.
It needn't to be on top of the list (I can't be too fussy here, either
;)), but it would be bad if the problems get forgotten.

> 	Barry (and team) have already provided all the necessary hooks to
> allow you (or your admin) to do just about everything you want.

I'm just pointing out how mailman could be improved in future... That's
how I can help in mailman development.

> Beyond this, the best you can possibly hope for is that they will
> take these items as fodder for future improvements, and that sometime

I do hope so. :)

> 	That is, unless you want to pay for the development of the
> features you want.

"If I were a rich man,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum..." ;)
http://www.nuneworld.com/lyrics/lyricsdet.asp?title=i&ID=5

Cheers!
Andy