[Mailman-Users] Subscribers not receiving confirmation request ???

Thomas Hochstein ml at ancalagon.inka.de
Fri Jan 9 23:22:21 CET 2004

Ross Moschitto schrieb:

> Can anyone help me?  Mailman is creating this bogus return path that is getting rejected by the intended recipients email server.

That return path is not bogus. You have activated VERP, so the address
of the user the mail is sent to is part of the local part of the
sender address, making bounce management easier.

If you do not like it, set the VERP_* configuration variables to 0.

-thh

PS: Perhaps you could shorten your signature to about four lines? That
would be nice.