[Mailman-Users] senddigest memory error?

Jeffery Cann jc_cann at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 03:49:59 CET 2004

Greetings.

Our server which hosts our 2.0.13 mailman lists moved
and the HOSTNAME was changed, but /etc/hosts was not
updated.  So, it's been about 3 weeks that the
'senddigest' cron job has failed.

After fixing the host problem, I get a Memory Error
when I run senddigest:

Jan 05 16:10:33 2004 (11472) Delivery exception:
Jan 05 16:10:34 2004 (11472) Traceback (innermost
last):
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py",
line 82, in do_pipeline
    func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 121, in process
    inject_digest(mlist, digestfile, topicsfile)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
line 172, in inject_digest
    msg.Enqueue(mlist, recips=mime_recips, isdigest=1,
approved=1)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Message.py", line 147,
in Enqueue
    hashfood = text + mlist.internal_name() +
`time.time()`
MemoryError:

This is a minimal server with little memory resources
(64 MB RAM).  I'm assuming that the problem is there
are too many digest messages to compose and this
causes the memory problem.

Is there a way to chunk digests?  The 'senddigest'
script does not seem to have any response to --help
and I can't find any description of options in the
documentation and the FAQ did not discuss this
problem.

Thanks for suggestions.

=====
the quality of thoughtfulness - http://isuma.org/