[Mailman-Users] Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "mailman", or re-run configure, providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=nogroup'.

Christian Eichert moga at multimedia.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 26 00:56:04 CET 2004

I am using mailman debian woody

mailman version is: 2.0.11-1woody8
postfix version is: 1.1.11-0.woody3

I installed the postfix and the mailman from apt-get stable on a linux
woody system.

after I created the lists I run genaliases

root:/usr/local/mailman/bin# ./genaliases
To finish creating your mailing list, you must edit your /etc/aliases
(or equivalent) file by adding the following lines, and possibly
running the `newaliases' program:

I was surprised that genaliases did not create /data/aliases

I did it
I updated my /etc/aliases

## mailman mailing list
mailman:            "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
mailman-admin:      "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"
mailman-bounces:    "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"
mailman-confirm:    "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"
mailman-join:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"
mailman-leave:      "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailman"
mailman-owner:      "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailman"
mailman-request:    "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"
mailman-subscribe:  "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailman"
mailman-unsubscribe:"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailman"

and run newaliases

after i tryed to send a mail to the list I got this :

Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group
"mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "nogroup". Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group
"mailman", or re-run configure, providing the command line option
`--with-mail-gid=nogroup'.

does someone know what to do about this ?

--
                                                           \|/
         CE                                               (o o)