[Mailman-Users] Error: Unknown virtual host on create list

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sat Feb 21 12:41:48 CET 2004

> That fixes it, although I'm not sure why this should count as a virtual
> host.  My system's hostname is bostoncoop.net, and even when trying to
> create a list through <http://bostoncoop.net/mailman/create> I still got
> the virtual host error.  Do you have to add_virtualhost for *every* host
> that you plan on creating lists from, even when it is the canonical
> hostname?

Yes. Actually, the canonical hostname / mail hostname pair is added in
the vhost db in Defaults.py if you have properly configured during
installation. Check your DEFAULT_{EMAIL|URL}_HOST in Defaults.py.

> If that's the case, perhaps it should be documented somewher.  If not,
> maybe mailman isn't properly detecting what is the "real" hostname?

Yeah, I have just added this in Mailman FAQ.
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.036.htp

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/