[Mailman-Users] Error: Unknown virtual host on create list

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Fri Feb 20 14:49:15 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 02:29:53PM +0900, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
> Adam Kessel wrote:
> >When I try to create a new list through the web interface, I get the
> >error:
> >Error: Unknown virtual host: [domain name]
> Are you sure that the virtual host you are working on is properly
> registered in mailman virtual host database by
>  add_virtualhost('www.example.com','smtp.example.com')
> in mm_cfg.py ?

That fixes it, although I'm not sure why this should count as a virtual
host.  My system's hostname is bostoncoop.net, and even when trying to
create a list through <http://bostoncoop.net/mailman/create> I still got
the virtual host error.  Do you have to add_virtualhost for *every* host
that you plan on creating lists from, even when it is the canonical
hostname?

If that's the case, perhaps it should be documented somewher.  If not,
maybe mailman isn't properly detecting what is the "real" hostname?
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org